CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Ransom Matthew Davie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fingers to bone/ not really.

(Justin) So this week I have been graciously given a good deal of hours at my career of Babies R' Us. I have been meeting new people and earning new friendships. It is a joy and challenge to be out in the "real world," where not everyone is a Christian. I've learned to greatly respect men who work full-time secular jobs and still have deep affection for the Lord and his word. They are the men who will carry the greatest crowns in heaven. I have felt myself desire God more for my daily bread: even in these two simple weeks of work. I am eager to grow closer with Jesus and be a greater provider for Elisha light for my co-workers. Elisha and I both have made daily devotion a much higher priority. It is too easy to be lazy in So-Cal. The ideal form of rest is a T.V. in front of you and a quart of Ben & Jerry's. Elisha and I are tired of having low standards for life and faith. Who are the ones who challenge the faith and devotion of the average? Where is the prophet of Lake Elsinore to scare are butts into submission to God.

Since no such prophet has shown himself, we are settling with some fantastic Christian authors and Pastors, along with a prayer for increased desire for God. I feel like my wife is more at the forefront of my thoughts than ever before. It is a joy to be with her, even if we are washing dishes or driving to work. I'm so thankful for her in my life. She really is my anchor. She keeps me from drifting away and gives me a reason to be brave and work hard. I think work is a joy for me mostly because I know I'm taking care of her. This is my contentment; God has given me all I need in Elisha. What a fantastic God to bless me with such a wonderful love bird.

Peace for now.
The Davies.

3 comments:

Sarah Elwer said...

Justin that made me happy to read! I know the Lord will greatly honor you working to provide for your wife as well as your prayers and willingness to not settle for mediocrity in your walk with Him!

Might you be that profit of Elsinore? You certinly have what it takes to challenge peoples faith and devotion to their god!

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

keep working hard...you are doing great! God is doing so much in your life!

funny...my word verification is school!