(Justin) So today is the day where Elisha and I complete our applications for SPU. She is actually done already, but I'm finishing applying today. Its exciting to get on track with transferring schools. I really don't like Mount Sac too much. Its fine for what it is, but it really feels like an extension of High School. I hope that doesn't mildly offend anyone. Ha. We are both very excited to move to a town and school with so much history and.... mojo. Just seeing the other students at SPU encouraged us. Its nice to see students who, on the whole, aren't being forced to go to school by their parents. Well lets see if we get in.
I also recently got my first paycheck from Babies R' Us. I really enjoy having a job and getting payed for my work. Its so simple, but so necessary. Providing for my woman makes me feel more manly. Elisha gives me a reason to work hard. Its all for her. The best part of this job is that I can get health insurance for Elisha. She hasn't had health insurance for years and now she finally can get penicillin and regular check ups. Oh the little things in life. A little mold and all our ailments are healed.
I've been reading George Muller's autobiography recently. Its really challenging and stretches me to live by faith in the goodness of God. That guy was crazy devoted to serving the Lord and preaching untainted scripture. In one part of his autobiography he gives up his pastoral salary because he has seen too many Pastors not preach the full truth of scripture because they were, "Afraid of offending the ones who pay their salaries." I think his action of sacrificing his salary for the sake of integrity in preaching is an amazing example of a truly devoted life.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Applying and Providing.
Posted by Justin and Elisha Davie at 2:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Pastors don't give up too much salary theses days. I loved that book!
Willy
Im a bird you're a bird?
Post a Comment